dentaltalenttree fully embraces and recognises the importance of the correct and lawful treatment of personal data.
The type of data that dentaltalenttree records ranges from personal candidate information to previous employers, skills and qualifications. All data is subject to the appropriate legal safeguards as specified in the Data Protection Act 1998.
dentaltalenttree endorses and adheres to the eight principles of the Data Protection Act. These principles specify the legal conditions that must be satisfied in relation to obtaining, handling, processing, transportation and storage of personal data. Employees and any other individuals who obtain, handle, process, transport and store personal data for dentaltalenttree must adhere to these principles.
Data Protection Principles
The principles require that personal data shall:
- be processed fairly and lawfully and shall not be processed unless certain registration conditions are met;
- be obtained for a specified and lawful purpose and shall not be processed in any manner incompatible with that purpose;
- be adequate, relevant and not excessive for those purposes;
- be accurate and, where necessary, kept up to date;
- not be kept for longer than is necessary for that purpose;
- be processed in accordance with the data subject’s rights;
- be kept secure from unauthorised or unlawful processing and protected against acciHR loss, destruction or damage by using the appropriate technical and organisational measures;
- not be transferred to a country or territory outside the European Economic Area, unless that country or territory ensures an adequate level of protection for the rights and freedoms of data subjects in relation to the processing of personal data.
Satisfaction of Principles
In order to meet the requirements of the principles, dentaltalenttree will:
- observe fully the conditions regarding the fair collection and use of personal data and be open and transparent when advising candidates how their information will be used.
- meet its obligations to specify the purposes for which personal data is used through information provided on the web pages.
- collect and process appropriate personal data only to the extent that it is needed to fulfil operational or any legal requirements. No personal data will be shared with a third party without the consent of the individual.
- ensure the quality of personal data used by updating the information every 60 days and removing any data that is not accurate or up to date.
- apply strict checks to determine the length of time personal data is held by sending regular reminders to candidates to update their profile or to archive the information.
- ensure that the rights of individuals about whom the personal data is held, can be fully exercised under the Act.
- take the appropriate technical and organisational security measures to safeguard personal data by ensuring all data is protected from the public domain and has a back up system in place in the event of technical failure
- and ensure that personal data is not transferred abroad without suitable safeguards or the individuals permission.
dentaltalenttree Data Controller
The Managing Director is responsible for ensuring compliance with the Data Protection Act and the implementation of this policy. Any questions or concerns about the interpretation or operation of this policy should be taken up in the first instance with the Managing Director.
Status of the Policy
This policy has been approved by the Managing Director and any breach will be addressed immediately. dentaltalenttree take this subject very seriously.
Subject Access (Candidates)
All individuals who are the subject of personal data held by dentaltalenttree are entitled to:
- ask what information the site holds about them and why
- ask how to gain access to it – this is explained on the web pages. Individuals who encounter difficulties can contact dentaltalenttree who will endeavour to help and grant access
- be informed how to keep it up to date and receive a 60 day reminder.
- be informed what dentaltalenttree is doing to comply with its obligations under the 1998 Data Protection Act – this is outlined in our Data Protection Policy.
- check that any personal data that they provide to the dentaltalenttree is accurate and up to date
- informing dentaltalenttree of any changes to the information which they have provided.
- check any information that dentaltalenttree displays on its web pages and inform dentaltalenttree of any discrepancies/inaccuracies.
- advise dentaltalenttree if they require their personal profile / information to be removed from the site.
The need to ensure that data is kept securely means that precautions must be taken against physical loss or damage, and that both access and disclosure must be restricted. dentaltalenttree are responsible for ensuring that:
- any personal data which they hold is kept securely
- personal information is not disclosed either verbally, in writing or electronically without authorisation from the individual concerned.
- personal identity is protected until the individual provides consent to share their identity with a third party.
Rights to Access Information
Subjects of personal data held by dentaltalenttree have the right to access any personal data that is being kept about them on computer and also have access to paper-based data held in certain manual filing systems. This right is subject to certain exemptions which are set out in the Data Protection Act. Any person who wishes to exercise this right should make the request via Contact Us web page, using the standard form which is available.
dentaltalenttree reserves the right to charge the maximum fee payable for each subject access request. If personal details are inaccurate, they can be amended upon request.
dentaltalenttree aims to comply with requests for access to personal information as quickly as possible, but will ensure that it is provided within 21 days of receipt of a request unless there is good reason for delay. In such cases, the reason for delay will be explained in writing to the individual making the request. Subject Consent The need to process data for the purpose of this service has been communicated to all data subjects during the registration process. Equal opportunities data is used for diversity monitoring only and the sharing of this information with dentaltalenttree is optional.
Retention of Data
dentaltalenttree and the candidate are responsible for ensuring that information is not kept for longer than necessary and both have access to the data and have the controls to edit, archive or permanently delete information.